Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Are you Dependable? Reliable? Trustworthy?

Are you Dependable? Reliable? Trustworthy?

I am thinking of lots of people out there that don't respond to their emails, send feedback on articles or blogs they read or even their ability to communicate their thoughts about different situations in relationships.  Why am I writing about this today, Tuesday 3/8/2017?

Every single one of us has lots of challenges in life: Relationships, Family, Career, Children, Dating, Fitness, Weight loss/gain, Finance and so much more.

When we share our feelings with other people or friends that we know, then usually those situations are much more clear.  The clarity gives us more ideas as to ways we can help others by helping ourselves.

Last week, I went to downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp quarter during an event: Mardi Gras, I met a young woman who started to talk to me about her relationship with her spouse.  She mentioned that she needs some help because she is married just a short time to her husband.  So I did mention to her that it would be my pleasure to meet with her one day because I am a relationship coach.  I gave her my phone number for her to contact me at her convenience.  I guess life got in the way, until I actually received a text later on that Friday afternoon, while I was shopping before shabbos.

I responded to her text and asked her if she would like to join me for a zumba class that Sunday coming up on the weekend.  She sounded very interested and wanted to know where that class was taking place.  So I gave her instructions and she told me she would sign up for a free pass.  As far as I knew that Friday, we were confirmed to meet with each other at the gym for a class and talk with each other afterwards.  I felt very happy that she felt compelled to contact me to help her out.  So shabbos started later on that evening, and I ended up telling TINA that we could talk on Saturday night.

On Saturday night after shabbos about 8:30pm I sent TINA a text to talk some more in order to find out what time I was going to meet her on Sunday, the following day.  She sent me a text about an hour later to let me know she would contact me in the morning.  So the next day on Sunday, I prepared my gym bag as usual and turned on my phone to let Tina know I am ready to speak to her.  I called her around 9am and sent her a text to find out the details to where I was going to meet her.

I never heard back from her and it was 9:30am.  I left to the gym.  As I walked to the mall to go to 24 hour fitness, I tried calling Tina one more time.  Yet, still no answer!  So I went to my class and was not going to let this interupt my day.

I spent time enjoying my favorite Zumba class, working out and going to the pool, hot tub etc.  I had a great time.  Oh well, I thought!  Perhaps something happened to Tina's family or something unexpected came up.  Ok so I let it all go.

However, what does it mean to be Responsible, Trustworthy and Dependable?  I give this particular scenario as an example because it is very recent, and this kind of stuff happens so often with people.

My question is WHY don't people call to cancel appointments or even let the other person know they are not comfortable with their expectations for the meeting etc.?

We all have FEARs of all kinds: hurt, anger, frustration, worry, anxiety and so on.  Yet, we must learn that it is really important and OKAY to tell our feelings to the people we are involved with no matter what the relationship is, whether it is our spouse, friends, parents, colleagues, bosses etc.

We all have a right to vent our emotions to anyone that we are supposed to meet with in any situation even if it is totally uncomfortable.  Otherwise, nobody can help that person out with their questions or understanding of their challenges.

I would love to find out more feedback and connect with other wonderful people out there!  Have an amazing day!

Linda Schwartz  858-652-1597
www.centerforselfimprovementinc.com










No comments:

Post a Comment